I have a Video: Now what?
So, you have a shiny new fancy video…but now what?! Video was HUGE last year and shows no sign of slowing down for the foreseeable. In fact, video content will account for 74% of Internet traffic this year. So if you’re not including video in your content marketing, you should be.
Here are our top tips for getting the best out of your video.
- As much as 85% of Facebook video is viewed with the sound off. Therefore, you need to include text (handy subtitles) on your video. Don’t let all that hard work go to waste!
- Just because your video is live on social media, the work doesnt stop there. Respond to comments and encourage people to like, share and post comments. Don’t be afraid to repost the video and use it again either.
- Work it. Use your video in your email campaigns. Video can increase email engagement (thats clicks, reading time, shares, forwards) by 50 percent! And according to the good people at Experian, just including the word “video” in your subject line may boost open rates.
- Embed it in your website. Explainer and introduction videos are excellent tools for your homepage or a “how it works” section on your site. People haven’t got time to ‘read’ all about you anymore, show them instead.
- Optimise. Be it on your website or your social media channel, make sure you tag all the important keywords applicable to your business, product or service. And those clever little Google spiders will be sure to find it.
Video is a fun and effective marketing tool but getting eyes on your video content can be a challenge. To nail it, you need to mix creativity and a little bit of effort. If you create great video content, optimise and share it and engage with viewers, you’ll be on the right path to success.
If you would like to know more about getting your video seen just get in touch.